Dr Alfred Owusu
Dr. Alfred Owusu is the current Dean of Business School. A Senior Lecturer, former Head of Department of Marketing and former Vice Dean of the Business School of Kumasi Technical University. Dr. Owusu’s research focuses on marketing, communication, technology management as well as human resource management. He has taught MBA courses in Marketing Perspectives on international marketing, tourism marketing, Agricultural marketing and human resource courses in Principles of human resources, leadership and organizational behaviour, ethics and corporate social responsibility, compensation and rewards management at University of Education Winneba, Kumasi Campus on part time basis. At the Undergraduate and Higher Diploma levels he lectures in courses on Electronic commerce, change management, marketing research, business process management, event management, online and social media marketing, and principles of marketing and marketing operations at Kumasi Technical University, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and University of Education Winneba, Kumasi Campus respectively.
2009- 2013 - PhD (Marketing) Business School of Costa Rica, Costa Rica
2004-2006 - Masters of Business Administration (International Business with thesis) University of East London UK.
2001-2004 - BBA Business Administration (Marketing option) – University of East London
2002-2003 - Professional Diploma in Marketing - Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), UK
2001-2003 - Advance Certificate in Marketing- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), UK
1999-2000 - Certificate in Marketing- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), UK
- Marketing Management
- Hospitality Marketing
- Agricultural Marketing
- Human resource Management
- Owusu A, A. Badu, .N.O Mensah. Factors Influencing Real Estate Agents Selection. A survey of real estate customers in Kumasi metropolis, Ghana. 10th Annual London Business Research Conference 10-11August, 2015 Venue: imperial College, London, UK
- Owusu A. Energizing Entrepreneurial spirit among Ghanaian workforce. Commonwealth Association of Technical Universities and Polytechnics in Africa. Technical University of Kenya Mombasa: Haile Selassie Avenue. 13-16 May, 2016
- Owusu, A. Investigating Customer Satisfaction Levels with Self Service Technology Within the Banking Sector: (A Case Study of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). 311th International Conference on Economic and Business Research (ICEBR-2018) in New York, United States.16-18th January, 2018.
- Owusu A. Investigating Customer Satisfaction Levels with Self Service Technology Within the Banking Sector: (A Case Study of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). American Journal of Operations Management and Information Systems Volume 2, Issue 4, November 2017, Pages: 97-104
- Owusu A. Influence of Information Technology Infrastructure on Marketing Effectiveness of banks operation in Ghana .International Journal of Academic Research and Reflection Vol. 5 No2. March 2017 page 22-29
- Owusu A. Marketing communications process on the pharmaceutical market in Ghana International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences Vol. 7, No.2 Feb 2017, pp 256-273.
- Owusu. A and A. Francis issue (5) 17-30 Effects of Poor Supervision on the Sustainability of Micro-Financial Instutions in Ghana (A Focus on Nkoranza Municipality in the Brong Ahafo Region) Advances in Sciences and Humanities .October, 2016, vol.2,pp 18-30
- Owusu. A and A. Francis Merger and Acquisition in Ghana revenue authority, Human resource issues involved. Journal of Human Resource Management. February 2017Vol.5, No1, pp 19-31
- Owusu. A Significant Effect of Word of Mouth (WOM) on the Attitude of Potential Consumers. International Journal of Economic Behaviour and Organization. December. 2016, Vol 4. Issue 6, pp 59-63
- Owusu. A and Owusu E. E. Challenges and Opportunities of Rural Marketing in Ghana. International Journal of Information, Business and Management. August 2016, vol. 8 no.4, 20016 pp 126-129
- Owusu A, A. Badu, .N.O Mensah. Factors Influencing Real Estate Agents Selection. A survey of real estate customers in Kumasi metropolis, Ghana. Journal of Investment and Management. August 10, 2015, Vol.4 (2) pp 68-72
- Poku. A Julia. and Owusu A. Energizing entrepreneurial spirit among Ghanaian Workforce. International Journal of Computer Applications, volume 136- No3, Feb, 2016, pp 39-41
- Owusu A, A. Badu, A. M. Musa .Green marketing impact on Ghanaian customer Satisfaction and Environmental safety. European Journal of Business, Economics and Accountancy Vol. 4, No. 2, April, 2016, pp 86-91